To cherish the value the spirit of Deaflympics where Deaf athletes strive to reach the pinnacle of competition by embracing the motto of PER LUDOS AEQUALITAS (Equality through sports) and adhering to the ideals of Olympics.
The objects of the Mission Statement are:
- To supervise the organization of successful Summer and Winter Deaflympics.
- To promote and contribute to the development of sport opportunities and competitions, from grass-root to elite level, for Deaf athletes.
- To support and encourage educational, cultural, research and scientific activities that contribute to the development and promotion of the Deaflympics.
- To fully enforce a drug-free sport environment for all Deaf athletes in conjunction with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
- To promote sports for Deaf athletes without discrimination for political, religious, economic, disability, gender or race reasons.
In sum, the mission is to create:
- More and better athletes with higher standards for excellence
- A significant level of international recognition
- An increased and sound budget
- An efficient and effective organization